flexis Solutions - Shippers - Tactical Network Optimization
flexis Capacity Planner
flexis’ solution is built on the idea that effective transport planning, HR planning, and supply chain design all rely on the ability to produce and communicate robust forecasts and traffic concepts. In order to succeed, companies must be able to furnish freight service providers with up-to-the-minute information that successfully takes all relevant hub capacity requirements into account.
The Capacity Planning module serves as a medium-term preview for transport planning, operational logistics, and freight service providers. Purchase requisitions are taken over for a medium-term period of order-carrying systems, supplemented as necessary by the packaging master data and other relevant data for transport, and transferred to a mail pool as a planned shipment. If the Inbound or Outbound Pull module has also been posted, the system issues the required time with each shipment (generated from primary requirements), as well as cost evaluations for premature deliveries. These are then taken into account in the optimization run, during which all possible modalities, routes, and cost functions are taken into account.
As a result of the optimization, better planned and forecasted transports, in which consignments are consolidated, can be brought about. In the case of broken transport routes, shipments are booked depending on relative volume.
The resulting transports are then split between the respective freight service providers. Should agreed capacity restrictions exist, transports will be distributed in the most cost-effective manner.
In the Capacity Planning module, a rolling preview will be created, which will be sent to the respective service providers for preview or confirmation.
Furthermore, users can simulate planned freight costs, running analyses that account for freight service providers, consignment, plants, suppliers, customers, and other relevant factors.
flexis’ Capacity Planner allows shippers to secure capacity early, leading to medium-term cost reductions in freight purchasing. Early-detection fault controls help you to take appropriate countermeasures in unforeseen production situations, while robust mid-term systems help to boost flexibility and transparency as you work toward a future-oriented vision.
Businesses can utilize a number of distinct planning functions:
- Derive required capacity information volume forecasts for mid-term capacity planning.
- Plan different capacity areas (Regions, Hubs, Customer Groups, etc.).
- Improve shift planning with workforce forecasts specially generated for each Hub and Docking Point.
- Improve vehicle planning with vehicle forecasts that factor in type, equipment, usage, and allocation.
- Optimize Pickup Point and Hub Allocation based on optimal vehicle usage, including Pickup Point and Hub constraints and validity periods.
- Perform Periodic Network Adjustments.
- Provide and represent capacities in the required level of detail (timely structures, aggregation levels, etc.).
- Export reports to Freight Tender platforms as well as Workforce Management Systems.