flexis Solutions - Shippers - Strategic Network Optimization
flexis Network Planner
Where previous network planning decisions had to be oriented toward the past, flexis’ Network Planner lets planner model future scenarios based on their needs and expectations. The module makes it possible to build modifications in scenario planning environments, combining historical information with sophisticated predictive capabilities.
- Adjust volume values from parts of the delivery bulkheads on different granularities to understand the effect on the transport network, the resulting modality splits, regional assignments, and cost KPIs.
- Remove or alter individual streams from the scenario on different granularities. This is done by means of the selection of individual transmission streams in an overview or via import/export functionalities.
- Apply cost changes to individual tariff elements (for example, areas, modalities, etc.). This changes modality splits, territorial assignments, and cost KPIs.
- Import additional volumes via an import function in order to evaluate the effect on the network and the costs.
With each new set of parameters, the generated scenarios are compared with historical KPI values of past reference periods. Meanwhile, additional modules enable businesses to visualize even more mission critical information.
- Modality Split: shows how respective modality splits are separated based on the check-in scenario. The volume, weight, etc. are also displayed in the course of time. Furthermore, in this environment, the results are split according to regional criteria.
- Network Layout: displays area assignments to lanes in the GC/LTL. Suppliers and customers are allotted lanes or assigned under other modalities (e.g. direct traffic). This results in a geographic view which permits a division of the traffic areas (e.g. the Iberian peninsula, the Shanghai area, etc.). It is also possible to visualize the areas, including their planned long-term workloads, from a regional viewpoint to a zip code view.
When working with these modules, planners are given the opportunity to change assignments and get the results of their rescheduling via KPIs.
Additionally, users have the opportunity to create “sandboxes” in which they can experiment with different, hypothetical parameters. A sandbox is a complete, separate copy of the “official“ Volume Forecast with all functionality that can either be utilized by a private, individual user or in a collaborative setting with multiple users.
- All data is downloaded from official version when creating a new sandbox. Versions can be imported into sandboxes.
- The delta report compares data between instances. Previous versions of plans can be compared with latest.
- Roles and Privileges are opened up to allow for example a logistics planner to modify sales and production numbers
- Unlimited numbers of sandboxes are possible
- Greenfield Simulation/Scenario Import facilities
- Data is published into official version when planning process is done which allows for independent planning without affecting others with incremental changes
- Conflicts during publishing are monitored and shown to the user.