Optimal Production Sequence – efficient, adaptable, and individually configurable
Sequence Planning is the creation of an optimized assembly sequence that takes into account all of the production and supply restrictions. The production sequence helps to avoid bottleneck situations while maximizing the use of available resources. Sequencing helps to form the basis from which it is possible to produce utilizing the pearl chain concept.
Benefits of flexis sequencing
The assembly and production areas of a variant rich organization are subject to constant changes. By making changes to the product or process, the requirements for order planning are constantly being updated. flexis Sequencing allows the planner the freedom to define rules based on how orders were created, customized, and configured. The option of creating new custom rules or generating rules based on a standard rule library to adapt to new production conditions is available. Additional rules such as distance conditions can be used in flexis sequencing as well. This higher level of transparency and optimized planning creates a holistic optimization and reduces the risk of bottlenecks and other production disturbances.
The aim of an optimized sequence is the uniform distribution of the assembly operation and the assembly time. In contrast to other solutions on the market, flexis sequencing solutions defines respective rules based on properties of the vehicle (such as different types of drive) which can then be dissected deeper within a flexis system for another level of constraint application.
- Continuous planning from order analysis and selection to sequencing
- Sequencing based off of configurable standard rules/constraint templates
- Rules based on all contract features such as commitments, equipment attributes, assembly allocation
- Calculate an exact schedule timeline for the sequence
- Visualization of rule violations, real-time updates to manual changes
- Final analysis of results with the ability to calculate mounting times
- Productivity Increase of 2-5% through smoothing of the production program
- Simplified planning and post-planning results in a 20-60% increase in productivity
- Reduced Capital investment through lower safety stock requirements of 30-50%
- Reduce Rework- “high pearl chain good”, average reductions of 30-50% are possible