flexis Technology - What-If-Analysis
Define Scopes, Recognize Options
In today’s supply chain environment, planning decisions must be made with short notice in order to respond quickly to incoming changes. When making these decisions quickly, you also must ensure that the results of those decisions do not lead to an undesirable result. That’s why we enable the simulation of business scenarios. What-if analysis allows the evaluation of advantages and disadvantages by comparing different solutions which in turn, allows you to safeguard your action. With different divisions and organizations working collaboratively on planning scenarios, parallel access of multiple users to the scenarios is possible.
Comprehensive alternatives to solutions and there related impact can be evaluated and validated with what-if analysis. Influences, feedback and reaction to processes (bottlenecks, etc.) are reflected in the system. Schedule changes are based on the latest data status. The impact of changes, on other areas for example, are immediately calculated and made transparent. The consequences of any events (late delivery etc.) can be predicted. Especially effective is the what-if analysis in combination with other flexis technologies such as Live Analytics and Optimization.
Making the Best Decisions Through Transparency
Our what-if functionality allows you to change individual parameters, as well as create different control models and simulated scenarios. You can validate alternatives using copies of the scenario data. It is also possible to perform various simulations in multiple copies and compare the results in parallel. While outside of the what-if scenario the data in the master database is continuously updated, you can choose to select those changes and integrate them into the working simulation to understand the latest impact. In exchange, data from a simulation can be transferred back to the master database for use in other scenarios. Of course, you, the user, control updates from a simulation back to the master. In both cases, consistency checks are performed before making subsequent updates.
By having simultaneous access of several planners to the scenario, you are allowed to easily perform cross-divisional cooperation based on common data. Decisions can be made by various departments in an interactive simulation environment more rapidly.
Benefits of What-If-Analysis - Our Technology to Compare Scenarios:
- Application of different sets of rules on the same order pool and subsequent comparison
- Search for an alternative scheduling slot for a single or multiple jobs, considering the impact on the overall scenario
- Constraint-based assessment of change requests in regard to feasibility
- Simulation of alternative material supply scenarios in order to visualize impacts
- Selective exploration of planning variations and decision support
- Delta analysis between simulation and operating system
- Application-related consideration of dependencies when restoring data
- Multi-user access with different, individual roles and rights concept
- User controlled synchronization between operating system and simulation environments